* For the text to voice option, on any page of the BCANDS website, simply highlight the text you wish to hear and click on the speaker icon!
BCANDS is requesting your assistance! If you are a Band Social Development Worker (BSDW) working within a British Colombia First Nation community, and have not yet completed our survey, please click the BSDW link below and complete the “BSDW Contact” questionnaire. Thank you!
Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Request Forms
The following forms below are provided for use by Band Social Development Workers (BSDW) in relation to the Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Persons with Disabilities (PWD) program.
*Please Note – Requests for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) forms must be sent by the Administrating Authority’s BSDW only. Any PWD request forms that are received by BCANDS that are not forwarded by the Administrating Authority’s BSDW cannot be accepted.
For the Persons with Disabilities – Request for Application Form (SA 331), please click on the link below (in blue).
Use Form SA 331 to Request:
- Standard (long form) PWD Applications
- Prescribed Classes PWD Applications
- Youth Transitional Consent – Youth with Intellectual Disabilities PWD Application
* Note only the BSDW of the Applicant’s Administrating Authority can request a PWD application and only after the BSDW has confirmed the financial eligibility of the applicant.
For the Persons with Disabilities – Enquiry Form (SA 330) , please click on the link below (in blue).
* Please Note – As of December 2016, the five year review of PWD / MNS designations are no longer required. However, Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and BCANDS may review any PWD / MNS designation and rescind the PWD or MNS designation as warranted. Please refer to ISC Policy 8.1 for further information.
For the Consent to Release Information Form (SA 320) , please click on the link below (in blue).
Use Form SA 320 to: Request the transfer of PWD / MNS information from the province (MSDPR) to BCANDS for members who have the PWD designation provincially (off-reserve) and are now moving to on-reserve.
For the Request for Administrative Review Form (SA 340) , please click on the link below (in blue).
Use Form SA 340: If a member wishes to request a review of their PWD / MNS application application denial. * Note – When requesting an Administrative Review, please forward any new / additional PWD / MNS information relevant to the applicants original PWD / MNS application, if available, to assist BCANDS in the Administrative Review process.
For the Request for Appeals Committee Form (SA 142) , please click on the link below (in blue).
Use Form SA 342: When the applicants PWD / MNS application has been denied again after the Administrative Review process, provided that it is open to appeal, and that the member wishes to appeal through the ISC Appeals Committee.
Once the relevant PWD form(s) are fully completed they can be faxed in confidence to: Attention BCANDS PWD Adjudicator at: 250-381-7343 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? The BCANDS PWD / MNS Program Staff are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday from 8:30 AM to noon and 1 PM to 4:30 PM and are closed on statutory holidays.
To contact the BCANDS PWD Program,call toll free at:1-888-815-5511 ext 206 or if calling within the Victoria area: (250) 381-7303 ext 206. To email the program, please email email@example.com
To download and print the BCANDS PWD / MNS contact sheet click HERE
(*Note: you need adobe reader to view PDF files, click on the Adobe Reader button below to download if required)