ECEBC’s 42nd Annual Conference: May 2 to 4, 2013
Celebrate the Essence of the Child and Champion a Better Future
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
8181 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC
ECEBC is very pleased to present its 42nd annual conference, “Celebrate the Essence of the Child and Champion a Better Future” from May 2 to 4, 2013 at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport in Richmond, BC. ________________________________________________________________________________
May 14 – 15, 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia
BC Career Fair/Aboriginal Fair
2013 Indigenous Women In Leadership
Marcia Dawson, ‘Naa-mehl or Al Dawson
3583 Sun Grove 3583 Sun Grove
Victoria, BC V9C 4J8 Victoria, BC V9C 4J8
Tel: 250.590.9190 Tel: 250.590.9190
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail: email@example.com
BCACL will host its 2013 conference, “WE are Community: Defining Inclusion” in Vancouver, British Columbia on May 22-25, 2013 at the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel. BCACL expect hundreds to register for the conference, which will feature a pre-conference day coordinated by the Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship at UBC; dozens of informative and interesting workshops for self advocates, families, service providers, advocates, and the community; keynote speakers and plenaries; and much more.
Workshops will include the following themes and topics:
- Self Advocacy, workshops and presentations by and/or for self advocates, including wellness, sexuality, employment and self employment, art and self advocate initiatives
- Youth, including programming by and for youth, including youth 9-14 and 14 and up, around art, transitions, youth justice and children’s rights
- Employment and Transitions, including best practices, transitions, customized employment, social enterprise, unemployment and finding work
- Families, including inclusive education, inclusive child care, family support, transitions, family leadership and children and youth
- Values and Ethics, including medical ethics, assisted suicide and euthanasia, genetic testing, and human rights
- Organizational Development, including senior staff development, leadership and succession, resource development and board development
- Inclusion and Advocacy, including network-building, friendships and relationships, advocacy, movement building, working with media, social justice, housing innovations, and addressing poverty
- First Nations and Aboriginal communities, including common legacies of institutionalization and community concerns.
BCMA Annual General Meeting & Convention - Saturday, June 1st, 2013 in Vancouver
The BCMA advocates on behalf of physicians and patients, and works to help build a stronger health care system. Our AGM allows us to report back to our members about the work that has been accomplished on their behalf during the past year, and gives them an opportunity to provide their input. As well, we welcome our new incoming President and newly elected Officers. Part of the AGM includes our annual Awards Ceremony that recognizes leaders in positive health care changes.
BCMA members are invited to attend the 2013 Annual General Meeting and Convention, which is being held at the Pan Pacific Hotel in downtown Vancouver. Members can login and register online, the deadline for registration is Thursday May 30, 2013.
Media please contact Sharon Shore at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Health Care Professional Conference 2013 – June 7th, 2013
WorkSafeBC’s Health Care Services is proud to present the 9th Annual Health Care Professional Conference.
The conference, geared towards clinical rehabilitation providers, as well as other health care professionals, promises a full day of premier presentations by field experts at the forefront of research
Contact: (604) 276 – 3329
Absolute Conferences & Events Inc. – Front Street West, Suite 640, Toronto, ON M5J 2L7 – 416-595-1414
Leveraging Technology to Transform Healthcare Delivery
Jun 24, 2013 – Jun 25, 2013
The Delta Grand Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre
July 8-11, 2013 – Prince George, BC
The Lheidli T’enneh will host 3,000 to 4,000 Elders from all regions of British Columbia. The theme for the gathering is “Honour Your Journey.” The event will focus on holistic activities that support healthy living.
First Nation’s Health Manager’s Association
3rd Annual Conference – Niagara Falls September 17-19, 2013
Check back often for updated events!!!
If you have an event, conference or training opportunity relating to disability and health please contact us at email@example.com with your event particulars and we will review your request.