* For the text to voice option, on any page of the BCANDS website, simply highlight the text you wish to hear and click on the speaker icon!
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.”
Welcome to the BCANDS Monthly Nutritional Supplement (MNS) Program.
BCANDS is requesting your assistance! If you are a Band Social Development Worker (BSDW) working within a British Colombia First Nation community, and have not yet completed our survey, please click the BSDW link below and complete the “BSDW Contact” questionnaire. Thank you!
MONTHLY NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT (MNS) OVERVIEW
A monthly nutritional supplement (MNS) may be available to clients receiving Income Assistance who have a Persons with Disabilities (PWD) designation and who have a severe medical condition causing a chronic, progressive deterioration of health with symptoms of wasting.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE MNS CLIENT / BSDW FORMS PAGE.
This supplement is intended to prevent imminent danger to the person’s life by providing essential, specified items to supplement regular nutritional needs.
An MNS may consist of one or both of the following:
a) additional nutritional items (to supplement a regular diet);
b) vitamins and minerals
A monthly nutritional supplement (MNS) is only available to a client eligible for the Persons with Disabilities designation who is receiving PWD Assistance.
The following conditions must be met and are based on written confirmation by the client’s medical or nurse practitioner:
– the client has a severe medical condition causing a chronic, progressive deterioration of health
– as a result of this deterioration of health, the client displays two or more of the following symptoms:
– underweight status
– significant weight loss
– significant muscle mass loss
– significant neurological degeneration
– significant deterioration of a vital organ
– moderate to severe immune suppression
To alleviate the above noted symptoms, the client requires one or both of the following items:
1) additional nutritional items that are part of a caloric supplementation to a regular dietary intake
2) vitamins and minerals
Failure to obtain these items will result in imminent danger to the client’s life.
The BCANDS Person’s with Disabilities (PWD) and Monthly Nutritional Supplement (MNS) Program office is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 AM to noon and 1 PM to 4:30 PM.
The BCANDS PWD / MNS office is closed on Monday and statutory holidays.
If you are calling during a time the office is closed or if we are on another call, please leave a message including your name and contact number and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
To contact the BCANDS PWD / MNS Program, please call toll free at: 1-888-815-5511 ext 206 or if calling within the Victoria area: (250) 381-7303 ext 206. To email the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org